How to Fit a King Pillow Case on an Ordinary Pillow
Post Written By Living Home Designs
Pillowcases are among the most important bedroom accessories that you must have. However, changing them is usually a challenge to many people. If you have been wondering the best way you change or to tuck in a pillowcase, we have compiled some great tips for you. Here we shall also discuss the importance of changing your pillowcases frequently. Read on to learn more.
How to change a pillowcase
- Put the pillow in the pillowcase then lay it on a flat surface. Open the end that is facing you.
- Using your index and thumb, pinch it right above the edge of the pillow itself.
- Use your two hands to tuck the loose edge of the top of the pillow in the pillowcase.
- From the inside, run your hands from the center to the edges to smoothen it. After you are done, it will look like a small envelope.
- The whole process should not take more than 10 seconds. After you are through, the pillows will have nice and crisp lines.
How to Tuck In Pillowcases
The process of tucking in a pillow can be compared with wrapping a present. You will need to do a lot of folding and smoothening the edges if you want your pillow to look fantastic.
- Lay the pillow on your bed or any flat surface.
- Fold the top flap towards the inside and tuck it keenly on the other end.
- Fold it again just like you would fold a gift wrapping.
- Tuck in the last part.
- It should have a smooth surface after you are done.
Why should you change your pillowcase frequently?
Changing pillowcases every day is not only hygienic but it is also good for your health. Below are the major reasons why you should change the pillowcase frequently.
- Remove build-up of hairs- Since you lay your head on the pillowcase, they are likely to trap sweats, hairs, and dirt from your skin. This means that you have to replace and clean the pillowcase as many times as possible.
- Allergens- Allergens, dust mites, and bacteria can easily accumulate on the pillowcase if you do not clean it frequently. This is very dangerous especially to those who experience different forms of allergies. However, this is something you can easily control by purchasing pillowcases that repel allergens and bacteria.
- Damage your skin- Not all pillowcases are made of hypoallergic materials. Some can cause itching especially to those with sensitive skin.
How often should you change your pillowcase?
It is advisable to clean your pillowcase at least every 2 days. Doing so will keep away dust mites, bacteria, and allergens. As a result, you will always have a comfortable and healthy sleep.
Those are some of the key things you should know about pillowcases. We understand that tucking in a pillowcase can be a big challenge to some people. However, the above tips will give you the best results anytime you are changing your pillowcase.
1. Bed Pillow Size Guide – Post by Pacific Coast
2. How To Fit A King Sized Pillow On Normal Pillow Case – Guide by Makely